Thursday, January 16, 2014

TNCC ~ Inspired roses

Hei ladies!

My "mojo's" back! Sort of, if at the end of last year I was feeling uninspired and in no mood for blogging this month is quite the opposite. As a result, I've joined yet again to The Nail Challenge Collaborative, after a few months of absence. The theme for January is inspired by a tutorial, it's a really cool subject and the amount of tutorials out there is incredible. There are a few blogs I like to follow and Paulina's Passions is one of them. She has this beautiful manicure and a tutorial for it called Roses Nail Art Tutorial. You should check it out, it was my inspiration for this manicure, altough hers are sublime, mine need a little more practice.

She used a gorgeous shade of mint, but as it turned out I do not own something similar, my mint shades are all more on the blue side. So I used Moyra #602 in two coats. It's a nice creamy polish, very pigmented but a little thick and almost difficult to apply. The glitter that I used is Golden Rose, Jolly Jewels collection #104 (I'm planning to review it soon enough) which I thought it will look a bit prettier with this mint, but we can't always have it all, right? Next, I used acrylic paints for the roses and the top coat which I currently love is from Moyra as well.
I don't know why my camera made my skin look so tanned :))
This manicure has a spring vibe to it and it makes me feel cheerful and optimistic. Would you do your nails like this? when it's not really the right weather for it. Love to hear your thoughts about it!


P.S. You can see another technique of doing roses on this post: Vintage Rose vs. studs

Thanks for reading!
xx

Check out what other tutorials have been the inspiration for the ladies taking part at this theme


28 comments:

  1. Arata super dragut trandafirii si destul de realist!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunt superbi trandafirii tai! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that my tutorial was helpful :) You made amazing roses Roxana! I love the pink glitter <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ti-a iesit absolut superb!
    Cred ca daca mi-ar iesi mie asa ceva mi-as depune instant CV-ul la un salon pe post de manichiurist :))))))))
    E absolut superb si modelul, si executia, si culorile, totul.
    Felicitari!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Multumesc frumos! Ma bucur foarte mult ca ti-a placut :D si manichiuristele trebuie sa aiba diplome, ceea ce momentan eu nu am :)) asa ca deageaba mi-as pune :-"

      Delete
  5. Very beautiful manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Imi place si originalul, dar ale tale sunt mai faine :D mie asa mi se pare. Imi place mult modelul de pe inelar. Probabil imi voi face ceva asemanator dupa ce imi cresc unghile, ca acum sunt jalnice :-j

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Multumesc mult de tot! Apreciez parerea ta :*

      Delete
  7. Lovely roses! Don't stop blogging. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Arata excelent!
    Vai ce mult imi place!
    Felicitari!
    Pupici

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful flowers! and i love that base color!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sunt frumoase <3 Vreau si eu sa incerc sa fac trandafirasi. Pot sa te intreb ce camera folosesti pentru poze?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mersi :) Folosesc camera telefonului :D Iti doresc succes la facut de trandafiri

      Delete
  11. These look gorgeous! The roses look so perfect, I love them paired with the glitter gradient!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment and support! Just know, you've put a smile on my face ^_^
If you have any questions, suggestions or even some constructive criticism I would be happy to hear you out, here, or more privately through the contact section.
Have a lovely day!